Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Invisible Vise of Head Pressure



Imagine standing in a doorway talking to another person. Everything is normal (normal for you that is).

Then you feel it coming on…
  • The tightening of your skull
  • Head pressure
  • Dizziness
  • Vision fluctuating from blurry to blackness to blurry
  • Hearing muffled


This was me the other day.

I was standing sideways in a doorway, my back resting on the door frame. I was having a conversation with a person in the room. Outside of the room (where the left side of my body was sticking out) there was a busy atmosphere of business life.

I started to feel really weird, but I told myself that, “you are not going to fall”.

I stretched my right leg out and firmly held it against the opposite side of the doorway (where the door frame and the floor met).

I held my body there trying to look like nothing was wrong. I tried to focus on the conversation (luckily the guy that I was talking with likes to talk a lot…even more than me).

I was able to finally sit down.

The head pressure lightened up, but remained well into the evening. Everything else passed within a few minutes.


Then…

It happened again on day two.

Then again on day three.

Nothing on day four.

Today is day five.


It is like your head is getting squeezed so tight that you are on the verge of blacking out.

Some people say that it is part of the “MS Hug”, but instead of the chest, it’s the head.

I don’t know what it is, but there are a lot of people living with MS talking about it.

All that I know is that it sucks.


It’s not a headache…

It’s nothing like a headache.


If you want to experience it for yourself…

Wait until the WWE comes to your town. Get in the ring with an inhumanly large wrestler. Have them put their hands on the side of your head. Then have them squeeze your head so hard that you think that their hands may actually come together. At the point where the pressure is too much to handle, and where your vision and hearing are fading; have them hold it there for as long as they can. Then release you.

Sounds fun right?


So fun that you want to do it again the next day…I did. 



No comments:

Post a Comment